The rule for Making a Powerful Handsaw Machine at Home
The following materials are in need for the production of the powerful handsaw machine. This is used for the cutting down piece of wood for furniture making.
- A piece of Wood
The length of the piece of wood is 25 cm, and the breadth is 4 cm. It will carry the load of the handsaw machine such as; the DC motor, the saw blade, the wires connected to the DC motor, and the DC jack.
- A vernier caliper
This is used by taking the measurement of the screw’s diameter, so about to bore a hole in the piece of wood.
- Screws, switch, and Wires
The screws are used in the holding of the saw blade that is attached to the wood. The wires are used in connecting the DC motor to the DC jack, with an on and off switch for powering it.
- Hand drills and Metals
The hand drills are used for making holes in the wood. The metals are used in constructing the saw blade.
- DC jack, 7, 4v 2s Battery and 7, 4v DC Motor
The DC jack and DC motor serve as the engine house of the Handsaw.
- Gear, Belting, and Bearings
These are used in the holding and fixing of the DC motor in position.
- Sets of Cutter is use for the construction of the blade.
- Scissors and Screwdrivers.
Steps by Steps Procedure used in making a Powerful Handsaw Machine
Here below are the step by step procedure used in making the Handsaw machine at home.
- Cut a piece of wood measuring 25 X 4 cm, then draw the shape of the saw blade on a piece of paper and placed on top of the metal board and cut into shape using a set of cutters. After this is done, then create the teeth of the saw blade using the cutter so about have sharp teeth.
- Take the measurement of the bearing diameter using the vernier caliper, and place it on the wood and mark. Then bore a hole in the place marked in the piece of wood using a hand drill and fix it in, and place the screw.
- Put the belt and gear on top of the bearing screw then stretch to the DC motor, and mark the point where the DC motor will be fixed and make a drill. Take a measurement of the diameter of the DC motor screw point and make the drill. Set the DC motor and screw to hold firm.
- Fix the Saw blade on top of the bearing, and then screw. Then fix the belt from the saw blade to the DC motor, and then test run with the DC jack Battery to see if it’s working fine.
- Connect the on and off switch to the DC motor. Then place gum on the side of the switch and attach it to the wood close to the DC motor. After which, place gum on the side of the DC jack battery and attach to the wood, then connect it to the switch and tape the DC jack battery round. Then run the test again to see if it’s working fine.
- Cut a tin cup and construct a protector that will be placed on top of the saw blade. After this make three drills in the metal protector and the wood. Then screw into the wood on the front, side, and top. And make a trim of the excess of the metal protector to make look nice.
The powerful handsaw machine is a DIY stuff, if followed the above steps hastily then it is possible to create one for easy cutting off a piece of wood. The battery of the DC jack is rechargeable using a 7.4V 800Ma charger to power it when it’s low. This is used in the home for easy and precise cutting.