Best Router Table Reviews 2018
For any professional woodworker a router table is one of the most essential and versatile tool additions he can make to his workplace. A router table completely transforms a router into a shaper for performing other technical works like rabbeting and dadoing. It is much more accurate and convenient than hand holding the router, especially for small pieces.
The biggest advantage of using a router table is that your both hands are free as the router is securely mounted to the table. Having both the hands free you can have a largest work piece control during the cutting operation. Hence with extra control you can pay attention to other minute finishing details like routing grooves or edging profiles. We checked several manufactured router tables on the basis of accuracy, convenience, easy adjustability and many other features to give you a review on them and also guide you to buy the best router table.
BestBuy Router Table List
# Preview Product Rating Price 1 Bosch Benchtop Router Table RA1181 657 Reviews from $5.32 Buy on Amazon 2 Craftsman Router and Router Table Combo 93 Reviews $110.91 Buy on Amazon 3 KREG Precision Router Table System, Kreg# PRS1045 22 Reviews $499.00 Buy on Amazon 4 Router Table Craftsman Perfect For Woodworking In Your Garage Or Work Shop Amazing Wood Working... 9 Reviews $78.24 Buy on Amazon 5 Kreg PRS2100 Bench Top Router Table 44 Reviews $229.00 Buy on Amazon
|1||Bosch Benchtop Router Table RA1181||657 Reviews||from $5.32||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Craftsman Router and Router Table Combo||93 Reviews||$110.91||Buy on Amazon|
|3||KREG Precision Router Table System, Kreg# PRS1045||22 Reviews||$499.00||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Router Table Craftsman Perfect For Woodworking In Your Garage Or Work Shop Amazing Wood Working...||9 Reviews||$78.24||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Kreg PRS2100 Bench Top Router Table||44 Reviews||$229.00||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2018-10-20 CST - Details
Top rated router table reviews - My Pick
Tips for Users
A router table is the most useful power tool which is used in a wood working place. Hence working with such an impactful device that has sharp carbide-tipped bits needs some guidance and tips. So, here are some of the tips that can be followed while working with router table to get the best working experience.
- Make sure your work piece is clamped down securely to the work table. A stable work piece helps you get the best finish.
- There are some specialized joinery operations possible with a router table. So, make your choices accordingly.
- Make sure that your router table has a large tabletop for getting more accurate cuts.
- Keep your hands safe by keeping them well clear of the bits. During the routing operation on router table never use your free hand to hold the work piece. Have a guard on your table which covers the area immediately above the bit.
- Always unplug the router before making any adjustments. Whether you are changing bits, servicing the router or mounting an attachment, make sure you turn the machine off.
- After selecting the most appropriate bit, inspect it for any damage or dullness.
- Never start a router with bit in contact with the work piece as you may lose control over the router. So start and stop the cut precisely.
- Always wear safety gear to avoid any mishap. Use protection for your eyes, hands and body with appropriate safety gears.
- Never ever force the router table for a cut. Make light cuts and reset the bits in case excessive pressure is required. If you hear any unusual noise, inspects the bit immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I know if the router will fit my table?
The tables are especially designed to fit any routers. There are several pre drilled plates which can mount many kinds of routers. You need to check if your router model is listed with the table. If not then you can have a blank plate and drill your own mounting holes for your router.
How thick is the table top?
The table top is 1-1/8 inch thick.
What size is the hole in the mounting plate?
The hole is 3-1/4 inch in diameter.
What size is the mounting plate?
The mounting plate is 8 inches by 11 inches by 1/4 inch thick aluminum machined to within .010 inch flat.
Is there space available in the router table?
Yes there is ample space provided in a separate compartment in the table. You can store machinery parts and some other tools there.
How to set up my router table?
With every router table you get a manual which provides proper guidance for easy and hassle free setting of your router table. Just follow the instructions and you can set it up very easy.
Being the most useful power tool, a router table is an essential part of wood working shop. Whether you are a professional, semi-pro or a beginner, a router table is something which is useful for everyone. The quality of output provided by a router table cannot be matched by any other tool. So, we have provided you with some of the best reviews on router tables in market and additionally a complete guide for purchasing the best router table. So, keep all the stated aspects in mind before buying a router table and follow the tips provided to get the most professional outcome for your task.