Craftsman Router Table Review
Craftsman Router and Router Table Combo
- Includes router, 1/4" collet, wrench, table, fence, dust guard, feather boards, and miter gauge
- The 9.5 amp router has a 1-3/4 HP motor that runs at 27,000 RPMs
- There are 334 square inches of space on the 11/16 in. thick laminate-surfaced tabletop
Last update on 2017-05-21 CST - Details
Get yourself a machine that can give you quality finishes with your projects. It is ideal to have something that is complete to give you consistency with your products that shows mastery of craft.
Sometimes, we have long routing projects, and we may not have the tools that we need for it. A combo would be great so that we don’t have to spend additional items for the work that is needed.
It is time to provide yourself with a high-quality product that gives you everything that you need that fills right in for a woodshop. It is just a matter of technical excellence that you can achieve with it.
Benefits For You
- It is equipped with a dust extraction system to keep everything tidy in your workspace. Wood shavings and another excess from Woodworks can highly affect the outcome of your product if not cleaned.
- If you are working on a tabletop, it gives you that enhanced accuracy so that you don’t have to rely on other apparatus.
- If you want to go and cut through with depth, you can adjust and lock down to micro adjustments for finer cuts.
- It has a stronger motor that can rev up to 27000RPMs.
- If you have big projects, then it is the one for you. It is designed to work with long lasting routing projects and applications.
- The fence can be adjusted, and you may also calibrate it if you have specific measurements to deal with in your project.
- Provides better and wider working space for all your routing needs.
- It is a user-friendly item that gives you sufficient tools if you are just starting out a workspace.
- Sturdy and hard aluminum bases to keep your cuts and to route accurately at all times.
Pros and Cons
- Integrated motor
- Better routing tools
- Very affordable for such complete equipment
- Easy to assemble
- Poor plastic components.
- The router table can be replaced.
Compared to DeWalt DWP611PK 1.25HP Wood Router Kit
To begin with, comparing it with a DeWalt DWP611PK 1.25 Wood Router Kit, it has an edge guide which the Dewalt doesn’t have. Although, has more speed options which can be flexible regarding working efficiency and work space.
Another advantage that it has to a Dewalt is that it is a sturdier table and better built. The thing is, the plastic components of the craftsman is poorly made whereas the DeWalt has more of an industrial grade component.
Compared to Bosch PR20EVSPK Colt Palm Router
The Bosch is a quitter product than craftsman wood router itself.
Another thing I have to mention about the Bosch is it has a faster bit changing speed than the craftsman.
Unlike the Craftsman, Bosch is harder to maintain, and it doesn’t have a dust cover.
The maintenance protocols are included in the instruction manual that comes with it.
You have to clean the dust extraction regularly, so that dirt doesn’t build-up with your frequency of use.
Other reviewers suggested to disassemble the parts from time to time and manually clean them one by one. It is important to check for missing parts, dents, or damaged items that could hinder and slow down your work
Maintenance is critical when it comes to advanced machines like such.
You’ve just read a quick review of the Craftsman Router and Router Table Combo. Reading this article idea so that you don’t get to waste money and canvas your equipment well. You get to see what you need, and how to take care for to make it last for a long while.
Craftsman Router Table Review
You can read more information about Bench Dog 40-001 Protop Contractor Benchtop Router Table.